CareersAdd to Favourites
The Careers Development Program aims to inform students about options available, while encouraging them to discover their own strengths, personal style and interests, so they are better prepared for the challenges of tertiary education and the world of work.
Ravenswood employs a dedicated Career Counsellor who initiates career programs and activities, and supports students in making decisions about their future beyond school.
There are several programs designed to encourage students to develop their own plan for their future career/s. These include:
- A comprehensive career assessment in Year 10, to assist students with initial ideas and to provide valuable information for subject selection for the Higher School Certificate (HSC) and International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
- Year 10 Imagine - A three-day program which explores career options through interactive student workshops, group sessions and guest speakers. Skills such as resumé writing and interview techniques are also examined, and the program concludes with a visit to a Sydney-based university.
- Year 11 Career Development Seminar- Revisits ideas and personal style and provides an opportunity to kick-start action plans for Year 12.
- Careersearch: a networking night - Open to all students in Years 10-12, involving one-to-one conversations with alumni in a wide range of career areas.
- Individual career interviews for all Year 12 students, and their parents, to explore options and seek personal assistance with applications, scholarships, cadetships and traineeships.
- Top Jobs lunchtime speakers program.
- Year 12 visit to the Careers Expo at Moore Park.