Music Scholarships 2018Favourite
- For girls entering Year 7 or Year 11 in 2018.
- Applications who play orchestral, concert band and/or rock band instruments are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must ideally have completed AMEB (or equivalent) level: Piano and Strings – ideally Grade 5; Woodwinds – ideally Grade 4; Brass,
Percussion and Guitar – ideally Grade 3. For students of higher Year group levels, we would expect a corresponding increase in AMEB Grade.
- Applicants must also register and sit the ACER Scholarship Test;
- Applicants must attend a Music audition on 4 March 2017 and provide their own accompanist.
- The audition will require the applicant to play two contrasting pieces (of four minutes duration each) and one piece on their second instrument
- Applicants will also be asked to complete the following: sight-read a short passage on their first instrument and sight-sing a short passage
- Music auditions are conducted by staff of the Music Department and will be held at Ravenswood.
- A short interview with the audition panel will also be conducted.
The application must include:
- A printed and completed Music Scholarship Application Form
- The student's most recent certificate and/or Examination Report for relevant music examinations to verify level of competence.
Value: Academic Tuition Fees Years 7-12, depending on the year of entry.
The Scholarship does not include core curriculum charges, curriculum related amounts, enrolment fees or other sundry charges which are payable. All scholarship students will have their progress reviewed annually.
Successful students will study an elective music course through to Year 12 and participate in the ensemble programme within the school.
Registrations for the ACER and Ravenswood Scholarships closed on Monday 6 February 2017.
The audition panel reserves the right not to invite all applicants to audition.