Music Scholarships 2019Favourite
- For girls entering Year 7 and Year 11 in 2019.
- Welcomes applications from outstanding musicians to support our large ensemble program on all instruments.
- Students are ideally exceptional for their age and may have completed high grades or diploma level exams with outstanding results. Please contact us us firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss if you daughter fits into this category.
The application must include supporting documents and be sent to email@example.com by Wednesday 1 November:
- A completed Music Scholarship Application Form
- Transcripts of most music examinations
- School reports from previous two years.
- Shortlisted Applicants must attend a Music audition on Tuesday 14 November 2017 and provide their own accompanist.
- The audition will require the applicant to prepare two contrasting pieces. Please note that the audition panel will not need to hear all of each piece.
- If an applicant has a second instrument they should prepare one piece with their first instrument and one piece on their second instrument.
- Applicants will also be asked to sight-read a short passage on their first instrument and sight-sing a short passage. Successful applicants will be able to sight-read confidently and fluently on their first instrument and also sight-sing.
- Music auditions are conducted by Ravenswood Music Department staff and will be held at Ravenswood.
- A short interview with the audition panel will also be conducted.
- A Music Scholarship at Ravenswood covers Academic Tuition Fees, or part thereof, for students entering Year 7 or Year 11.
- The Scholarship does not include core curriculum charges, curriculum related amounts, enrolment fees or other sundry charges which are payable.
All scholarship students will have their progress reviewed annually.
- Successful students will study an Elective Music Course through to Year 12 and participate in the Ensemble Program within the school.
- The audition panel reserves the right not to invite all applicants to audition.