Learning Resources CentreAdd to Favourites
The Junior School Library is located within the Learning Resources Centre (LRC) and provides a productive and exciting area where students from all Year Groups meet to work, read and spend recreational time together.
Students within Junior School attend one Library lesson each week. Lessons have both a literature and a technology focus, and support areas of study that are currently taking place in the classroom.
Students are actively encouraged to borrow from the Library on a regular basis, both within scheduled classes and at lunchtime. A wide range of literature provides students with many and varied reading experiences, all aimed at instilling a lifelong love of reading and literature.
The Library program encourages and enables students to:
- participate in the annual Premier’s Reading Challenge
- celebrate Australian literature through Children’s Book Week activities
- share literature through the annual Indigenous Literacy Foundation Book Swap
- meet and engage with a range of visiting authors and illustrators
- participate in special theme days.
Years 5 and 6 Library Monitors capably assist in the management of the Library. This responsible leadership role requires commitment and reliability.
8.00am–8.20am and during the second half of lunch, every day during school term.